Looking For A New Challenge and Opportunity?
InterCool has a reputation and rich history in the industrial refrigeration systems business. We’re leveraging this, and expanding our reach. A critical success factor is having the right people. We already have an incredible team, and we’re looking for new talent to join our team.
If you have deep industry experience and an eye towards the future, we need you to help us move the company forward in new ways.
Interested? Check out our current openings. Forward your resume to email@example.com and let’s talk.
Vice President, Industrial Refrigeration Systems
Vice President Industrial Refrigeration Systems will provide day-to-day leadership and oversight of business operations related to all engineering, design, procurement, field construction and scope changes from project initiation through implementation and service/maintenance.
- Keep abreast of industry changes, modern technology and client needs to deliver new and effective solutions.
- Identify and implement advanced technology to remain current and responsive to the market and customer needs.
- Accountable for the oversight of all project budgets and the achievement of project and company financial targets.
- Ensure the financial stability and security of the company with prudent and analytical decision-making.
Business Development and Marketing
- Prepare input to RFP responses with specifications, schedules, budgets, inventory, manpower requirements and detailed assumptions.
- Provide sales support.
- Guide the client through the design-build implementation.
- Serve as point of contact. Keep the client informed of all issues and progress to ensure client satisfaction.
Engineering and Design
- Engineer and design innovative industrial ammonia and hydrocarbon refrigeration systems for a variety of industries while ensuring safety and service capabilities are maintained.
- Ensure all projects comply with all building codes and any other legal or regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain a strong, positive alliance with equipment manufacturers.
- Ensure estimates are clearly defined, reliable, and economically justifiable.
- Meet the allotted timelines using sound best practices and historical data.
- Develop and maintain the Master Project Schedule. Actively track and manage the project performance according to schedules and critical path.
- Ensure all technical and contractual requirements are in accordance and as committed.
- Respond to technical and project implementation questions and problems.
- Professionally and promptly address unplanned events minimizing the negative impact on client satisfaction, finances, and timeline.
- Approve and code all project related invoices.
- Generate project progress billings each month.
Construction and System Installation
- Oversee all project parts and equipment are ordered, delivered according to the project schedule and utilized as designed.
- Ensure health, safety, security, and environmental best practices are implemented and adhered to.
- Proven leadership to employees, contractors, and vendors.
- Focus on developing and training team members.
- Strengths in planning, finance, negotiation, conflict resolution and hiring talent.
Education and Experience
- BS degree from an accredited program in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management, a must. Professional Engineering License, a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressively increasing responsibility in managing industrial refrigeration design, construction, project management, and maintenance.
- Minimum of 15 years in the engineering, design, implementation, and sales of ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Relevant experience (Estimator, Supervisor, Construction Manager) on industrial (ammonia) refrigeration projects, a must. Experience on commercial (Freon) systems, a plus.
- Experience leading numerous facets of projects simultaneously.
- MBA, a plus.
- 3-D CAD, AutoCAD experience, a plus.
- IIAR Member, a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution
- Excel at creative problem solving and balancing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to build a collaborative team with influence management
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Technical knowledge and comfort using and teaching leading-edge estimating, design, construction, and project management tools
- Attention to detail and highly organized with strong analytical skills
- Ability to speak Spanish, a plus
- Ability to travel outside the Dallas-Ft. Worth area for site visits, client meetings, kick-off meetings, problem resolution.
Responsible for the service department, including the direct responsibility of the mechanics and service technicians, supervision of the service coordinating duties, quality control of fieldwork performed by mechanics, review of invoicing, billing and audit of work performed, and marketing of service customers.
Directly responsible for service technicians and mechanics
- Recruiting, hiring and termination
- Performance and pay reviews
- Preparation and execution of documented training agenda
- Efficiency and attitude of mechanics
Supervision and review of Service Coordinator
- Ensuring service calls are scheduled in a timely manner
- Review and in-depth knowledge of service calendar and schedule
- Coordinating schedules for preventative maintenance contracts and ensuring work is completed
- Review and sign-off of paperwork and work orders from service technicians
Quality control of fieldwork performed by mechanics
- Visit job sites on a test basis and evaluate work done
- Visit all large service projects and inspect
- Estimate service job costs
Marketing / Direct contact with customers
- Direct contact by phone and in person with service prospects
- Complaint handling
- Quotes and estimates for service only
- Periodic routine visits to determine customer satisfaction
Review and billing determinations
- Review and sign-off on work orders
- Approve time and hours of service technicians and mechanics
- Approve all service invoices before sent to the customer
- Coordinate parts orders for service with Warehouse & Parts Manager
- Handle call-backs
- Coordinate credits with accounting
Oversee service vehicles, equipment and, inventory
- Periodic inspections and written reports on truck maintenance
- Determine that trucks are being properly maintained and cleaned
- Determine that inventory controls are being followed and inventory usage is correctly reported
Oversee warranty handling
- Ensure that all procedures are followed
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 5 – 7 years of experience in industrial/commercial refrigeration services
- 3+ years of experience managing and leading a team
- Advanced PC user and working knowledge of ERP systems
- General accounting knowledge a plus
- Experience in creating a positive customer service experience
- Being a part of a team, seeing the upside and keeping your word are part of who you are
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Open to feedback and continual learning
- High level of attention to detail
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Reliable and dependable to our team and to the customers
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
- Bachelors degree preferred
InterCool serves a wide variety of customers involved in the global cold and food chain. These include Cold storage, supermarkets, and food production plant establishments. The Commercial Refrigeration Service Technician is responsible for the maintenance, diagnosis, and repair of refrigeration systems commonly installed in these markets.
- Perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on refrigeration systems. Working knowledge of basic control systems is a must.
- Diagnose refrigeration systems and perform necessary repairs resulting in 100% customer satisfaction.
- Ability to locate and repair leaks
- Demonstrate an understanding of and adherence to all work safety policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 5+ years in commercial REFRIGERATION or a strong HVAC.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent/Vocational School or 5 + years of experience in lieu of education
- Knowledge of refrigeration, electrical and microprocessor control systems +
- Knowledge of single systems, split systems, and walk-in boxes
- Strong mechanical aptitude skills
- EPA required
- Drivers license appropriate to local requirements and a safe driving record.
- Physically able to climb ladders and to lift objects up to fifty pounds.
- Company vehicle
- Paid Training
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Matching 401K